Total Pageviews

Thursday 21 July 2016

And about time too

I see I haven't blogged since March.  That's par for the course. A few things have happened around here.  None of them world events, although if you go into politics (but I wont go there). I have enjoyed sewing constantly, from little zipper pouches, to baby blankets, to a kingsize quilt at the request of D2. I have a new laptop, a gift from D2 for my 70th birthday. I am finding it hard to get used to, but I am getting there.  All the pics and files from my old laptop are stored on an external drive, so I am hither and thither trying to find the images I need.

 This is for my sister when she moved into her new apartment. I love quilts with legs.
 A cushion for my friend Maureen.
 D2bought me this scissor hooks.  It is just perfect for my sewing room.
 I started this quiltalongby Kaaren Johnston of The Painted Quilt last summer.  DH liked it at this stage, so it became a wall hanging for the bedroom.  I would love to make the whole quilt sometime.
 Well, one of the events in the past few months was a  significant birthday and my friends from church treated me to a great barbecue with gifts and lots of fun and laughter.  I was completely surprised.
 The family who hosted the barbecue run a kennels and cattery, and also host our biblestudy group.  I  made this for them as a thankyou to present on the night, as I thought it was just an end of year celebration for the group. Silly me. Oh so easily fooled.
 Here is a baby quilt for a yet to be born little girl.  The first granddaughter of one of my friends.
 A wee peek at the back of one of my little quilts for ALQS 10. I made two this time.  The swap hasn't taken place yet so I will show more later.
This is the back of a quilt I made from my late mother's pyjamas. She loved cotton pyjamas but in her later years didn't like the jackets, and wore soft t shirts instead, so had all these jackets which were such pretty cotton.  She offered them to me, and who am I to refuse cotton.
Here is the front.  Hexies appliqued on to white cotton and machine quilted as you go.  My first quilt made this way.  It is lovely and soft and I like it very much. Enough is enough.Sorry about the long picture gallery.
This the last, I promise.  D2's bedsize quilt ready for the quilter. She saw a throw I had made for my sis, (forgot to take pic) and asked could I make her a bedsize one with Japanese prints.  It's off to Nicolato be quilted this week, and I will try to get a proper photo when it comes back.  Now I am off to enjoy a wee bit of the sunshine while I may. Bye for now.


4 comments:

  1. Sometimes life just gets in the way of blogging. Happy belated birthday. It is nice to see that you have been very productive in your time away from blogging. Your projects are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday. You HAVE been busy. I think I would be far more productive if I got off the computer.

    ReplyDelete